Interview With Harrier


In the dubstep , drum and bass landscape, there is definitely Harrier, this young and talented producer with already many Massive releases who doesn't stop surprising us with his creativity in his sounds. He is becoming one of the most prominent producers in the scene. Dubstrapn'bass wanted to know more about this great artist, about his work and his opinion about the music scene nowadays. 

1. Can you introduce yourself for those who don't know you yet?

Huh, first, I'd like to say that this is the hardest question for me. It is hard to define who I am. Well, I can just say that I am a young producer, dj and label owner. Personally, I'm a huge lover of the bass music, the horror cinema and a crazy collector of action figures. Ah yes, and also a quite weird and creepy guy sometimes. 

2. What is the story behind the name 'Harrier'?

'Harrier' was born about 3 years ago, in a cold day of January. I was thinking about a name that could identify me and my style; a short name that can have a great impact on the public. Randomly, I sorted out 'Harrier', mixing my favorite letter, the 'H', with some words that could fit.

3. What are your qualities as an artist and as a person?

As a person? As an artist? I think that the concept of 'artist' is always included into the concept of a person. I'm a generous guy, and I always do my best to help people, in life and in music. I'm also a huge supporter of my music family, because I think that without a team, nothing can be realized. The only problem that I may have is my extremely lunatic side, due to some stressful days, ahaha.

4. When and How did you get to music? What were you playing before starting producing?

I always played tons of video games, watched a million of horror movies, and I always asked myself how there can be a fusion between music and cinema. I tried a lot, watched tutorials, experimented, improved myself and found out my own style. Before producing I was just a music listener who tried to learn by himself how to play piano.

5. What are your musical influences?

As said before, my main influence is the horror world. My intention is to transmit to people who are listening to my music, the intensity, the heavy and dynamic vibes that can transport them in another dimension.

6. Who has been or who is your biggest inspiration in music? And why?

As an artist, my biggest inspiration in music are the one and only NOISIA. They always did what they loved, without following the commercial standards, doing bangers after bangers, step by step. They have a unique sound; They can be defined just by the word FREEDOM!

7. How did you get involved to producing?

It was just a curiosity about 'how people produce electronic music'. I did a lot of research, watched many tutorials and finally started something. 

8. How would you define your sound? What is (are) your style(s)?

I define my sound using those words: Insanely crazy! Yes, because I always do what I love, what I want! I can't say what my style is, that's why I let people determine it. I just move around dubstep , neuro drum and bass.



9. Where do you get inspiration from?

Mmh, as previously said, horror films, books and everything which is horror related. Also, I'm a Haunted Houses fan so... experience is such an inspiration!

10. Are you very demanding with yourself when producing? Do you have any limits?

Yes I am because I think that the quality of the sound is everything. You can have a great idea which can be easily ruined by a bad mixdown or a horrible sound design. And my limits?...Maybe 200BPM, maybe , ahaha. I don't have any limits actually.

11. Is there something you don't allow yourself to do in music?

Weird, I never asked myself this question. The only thing I don't allow myself to do is taking inspiration from already existing songs. Many artists do, but I think that this is a lack of originality.

12. What are the main elements and conditions for producing a track?

Just one element: The mood! This is everything for an artist, at least to me, because it completely transforms every single track!

13. What is a typical day of production with Harrier?

Nothing special! Hours and hours of nerding, breaks with a lot of food, some films (they always inspire me) and with the time, ideas come to my mind!



14. Do you have any favorite programs in producing?

Sure! I always worked with FL. Actually, I'm using FL 11 because I really love the interface. I may seem old, but I don't wanna leave it! I find it perfect!

15. You have been releasing massive tracks on Huge labels like Crowsnest Audio, Blow The Roof Records and more. What is the next step and next stage for you?

My next stage is to take my own label to the next level. Yes, mine, because it is my creation, my mirror and my own life.

16. What are the projects you are working on and what can we expect for the future?

Uh...I can't reveal everything but expect a huge release on 7th Circle by the end of the year and another EP on ........ guess the Label ahahahah 

17. When are we going to see Harrier on tour? Are there any gigs planned so far?

Actually, I'm super busy with new releases , but once I will be done with all this, it will be a pleasure to start spreading the bass culture around the world.

18. Is there any chance to hear a mix from you ?

I did many guest mixes for radios and podcasts. You can find them on my Soundcloud.

19. What would be your favorite venue or festivals to perform at? Why?

RAMPAGE! This is my biggest goal in life!

20. You have founded your own label 7th Circle Audio. What is your objective with this label and what direction are you choosing in it?

Quantity<Quality! This is our slogan. I'm opting for extremely dope tunes to release. My goal is to make an elite label that can release tracks with a completely original style.

21. What are the artists you would like to sign on your label?

Actually, I have a lot of talented guys on board, starting with Jiqzy, passing from the crazy Digital Fracture and his dope neuro, Ecraze and his heavy and squelchy riddim, Dron and his melodic heavy dubstep and many other artists who will join the team in 2016.

22. What is your biggest dream?

In life, I actually realized it with a person that completely changed my life. She is my little princess. In music, I would love to have my little space, with a decent and loyal fanbase which grows with me. Actually, I'm really satisfied of all the support I'am receiving.

23. What is your Top 5 of tracks?

1. Charlie Clouse- We Sleep Forever
2. Angerfist- Streer Fighter
3. Skrillex- Scream n' Shout
4. Tinie Tempah- Earthquake (NOISIA remix)
5. Satan- Bad Blood

24. Is(are) there any favorite artist(s) you wanna collaborate with?

I would love to collaborate with Angerfist, Noisia, Mefjus, Koan Sound, Culprate, Amon Tobin, Billain and many more.

25. What do you think of the music scene nowadays and how do you see its future?

Actually the EDM is broken in two parts: An extremely commercial part including house, electro, progressive etc. and our heavy bass scene that is still underground and super underrated. This year has been such an amazing year for dubstep and DnB, that gained for sure more attention but we need more. Just remember that every genre sometimes will come back to his success and it could be this year, the next year or in 4 years. But IT WILL HAPPEN!

26. Define music.

I could write up to 10000 words about this topic, but I'd love to close the interview defining music as 'the highest expression of emotions'.


Make sure to follow Harrier on


Comments