Interview with KRYOSTATIC


Kryostatic, a remarkable and talented dubstep producer hailing  from Italy, having released on many labels as Wasteland Recordings, Damaged Sound, Warpaint Records and Monster Records. Kryostatic is always pushing the limits, improving all the time his sound. I wanted to know more about this mysterious producer and asked his opinion about the music scene and more.




1. Hello Andrea, before getting into the topic, first and foremost, what is the story behind the name 'Kryostatic'?

Kryostatic: So at first my alias was TMP and I was producing some hip-hop/trap instrumentals for an american indie rap crew. After some issues that I've had with a special person in my life (as long as she does not want to talk to me anymore), I've started to use Kryostatic for the cold  she left in me.

2. When and How did you get to Music?

Kryostatic: I've started to play the game on April 2014 after my brother Stigma sent me a soundcloud link of an EP from Code:Pandorum . After listening to that EP, I was amazed because it was pure art. I started emulating the sounds because they were representing my mood. 

3. Did you plan early to make from music your career?

Kryostatic: No; all started by curiosity and with the will to explain what I was feeling deep inside . After some crazy years, I just wanted to show who I really am. A sweet dream for some, and the worst nightmare for others. 

4. What were you playing before starting producing?

Kryostatic: Unfortunately nothing, but I've always been fascinated by guitar and piano. 

5. What are your musical influences?

Kryostatic: I listen to every music unless techno and reggae. In many of my songs, you can find the power of  Metal, the storytelling of Grunge and  the conscious part of Rap.

6. Who is your biggest inspiration?

Kryostatic: Women; the sublimation of the Art.

7. How did you get involved to producing and how many years have you been into it?

Kryostatic: It started on December 2013 after what happened with the person I have mentioned before. The only tissue without a scar of my heart was ripped and then I've decided to become a demon that will save everyone. If I've to be honest my first songs are from April 2014, the time I've spent before understanding  many things of my DAW from 0

8. How would you define your sound? Your style(s) and how did you develop it?

Kryostatic: My sound is not unique. I think that the concept is the matter of my old songs. Basically, I can recreate many sounds by using Massive and sound tricks. Nowadays, I'm enveloping new sounds. Can't wait to show you all that.



9. What are the main elements and conditions for you for producing?

Kryostatic: To me, it doesn't really matter. I'm having fun so every condition is fair. The only thing I need is my Audio-Technica.

10. What is a typical day of production with Kryostatic?

Kryostatic: I used to do exhausting studio-bedroom time , like 3 hours break and then 4 hours straight; now that I have a job, I am producing at night but sometimes it slows the process.

11. Is there any particular creative process while producing and do you have any favorite programs in producing?

Kryostatic: Massive is my Guru; really. I can do whatever I want with that beast.

12. What makes you different among all the talented producers around?

Kryostatic: The storytelling of my tracks. Each has a hidden meaning. 

13. What are the projects you are working on and what can we expect for the future?

Kryostatic: I'm working on many projects and I'm crossing fingers that everything goes right, so you can expect great things from me in the near future. Also you will experience a higher quality of my songs. I always learn new things by myself.

14. 'Damocles' has got a huge success . What is the story behind this massive track?

Kryostatic: Wow, that song was planned to be on Multikill Assassins Compilation, but something went wrong. I was sure to have a great song in my hands so I submitted it to Shadow Phoenix and Tyler decided to release it on his amazing channel. It's an xKore inspired song I've decided to make after reading King Damocles . You can be whoever you want but if you are not playing fairly this life, you will lose everything. It was just an advice for the young generation. 



15. Are there any gigs planned for 2017?

Kryostatic: No, but can someone  book me please ... LOL

16. What would be your favorite venue or festivals to perform at?

Kryostatic: I want to play in France or in Amsterdam. The festival or the gig does not really matter. 

17. What is your biggest dream?

Kryostatic: To meet again the girl who triggered Kryostatic. 

18. What are your new challenges? Either in Music, in your life or both?

Kryostatic: To improve on every song, for me and for those who love my project.

19. What is your TOP 5 of tracks?

Kryostatic: - Kanye West 'Stronger'
- Deep Purple 'Child In Time'
Nirvana 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'
-Lucio Battisti 'Il Mio canto Libero'
- Johnny Cash 'Hurt'

20. Is there any dream collaboration?

Kryostatic: Sure! Code:Pandorum, Cruel Reaction and xKore. 

21. What is the project you are the most proud of?

Kryostatic: Mangekyo sharing my first song created.

22. What do you think of the music scene nowadays and how do you see it's future?

Kryostatic: I really don't have a positive vision. I hope that in future, people would make it less for money and more for the love of music.

23. Define Music.

Kryostatic: Woman


Make sure to follow Kryostatic on:














Comments